Learn About La Jolla Nurses Homecare, our history and leadership, and how we've been providing home care in San Diego for 46+ Years.
Selecting an in-home nursing care provider is a big decision. Here in the San Diego area there are dozens of agencies to choose from, and the decision may seem overwhelming. At La Jolla Nurses Homecare we began nearly 46 years ago with a simple, but important mission: We wanted to offer area seniors a quality home nursing service that was built around their needs. By staying true to our vision and through the hard work of our staff, we’ve been able to deliver nursing and daily living care services to seniors with the professionalism, dignity, and respect that our customers need and deserve. It has been an exciting journey! We invite you to read more about our founder and our company’s history.
To provide you with the finest care from the comfort of your own home.
Lorraine & Brittnei Salerno
“My mother, Lorraine Salerno, founded La Jolla Nurses Homecare in 1977.
Today we are the oldest and most experienced private duty agency in San Diego County. She saw a need for quality private duty home health care and she worked diligently to build an agency that filled that need. I am proud to say, her vision is carried on today with our dedicated staff.
I believe our tenure in the community speaks well for us. We have had the opportunity to be of service to countless interesting individuals, including local and worldwide celebrities. It is the people we care for that makes this a fascinating industry. Whether high profile or a more ordinary citizen, we are proud that thousands have entrusted us with their care or the care of their loved ones. Our Mission is to provide high quality, very secure and the most compassionate home health care. We believe that patients heal faster and are happiest when they can stay in their homes.”
Awards and Recognitions
Why Choose La Jolla Nurses Homecare
Choosing an in-home nursing service is a very personal decision. We define quality care as the assurance that the necessary services are delivered in a way that makes a senior’s life easier, in the comfort and security of his or her home. Whether you or a loved one requires nursing care or help with daily living tasks, you can receive services from the very best provider in the San Diego area – La Jolla Nurses Homecare.
We were very humbled to be repeatedly nominated and voted BEST senior in home care provider by the readers of both the San Diego Union Tribune, the La Jolla Light, and the La Jolla Village News. We don’t know the reasons each one of those readers voted us BEST. But here are some reasons we think they prefer us as their favorite at home nursing service:
- We can administer medications!!
- We are licensed by the State of California as a Home Health Agency.
- We have no hidden fees. We don’t charge for an assessment, the Plan of Care, basic care management including: medication reconciliation, case conferences or physician communication.
- We offer all levels of nursing care from a companion to a highly skilled RN. Although your needs may change in the future, you’ll never need to change agencies to find the right level of care for you.
- All of our patients are supervised by an RN Case Manager at no extra charge.
- We have been providing care in La Jolla and all of San Diego since 1977.
- We are the oldest and most experienced private duty agency in San Diego County.
- We are open 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- We never use an answering service. Our clients have direct access to troubleshoot any concerns that may arise.
- Our caregivers are carefully screened, skills tested, references checked, and their credentials are thoroughly examined. On average, we hire less than 30% of applicants.
- Our employees are all fully covered by professional and general liability insurance, fidelity bonding and workers compensation insurance. In addition, all related payroll taxes are covered. You NEVER have to worry about Household Employer obligations, we’ve got you covered.
- We regularly monitor the care requirements of all clients. Changes are made as needed and agreed to by the client.
Please feel free to call us at (858) 454-9339 or get in touch with us via email. Talk to us about your situation and let us show you why we have been voted the best home care provider in San Diego!
Brittnei Salerno, Owner, Operator, La Jolla Nurses Homecare
Salerno has been the driving force at La Jolla Nurses Homecare since 1989, working with the agency while still in college. “I recall the many years of working with my mother as a gift. It allowed me to appreciate her in a completely different way. I tell my mother she really was a pioneer in the field. Since 1977 we’ve been in the forefront to improve the delivery and quality of home healthcare, and it has been a personally rewarding journey.”
With her two positions as Licensed Home Health Section Chair and Policy & Advocacy section chair at the San Diego Regional Home Care Council (SDRHCC), and as chairman of Private Duty Home Care at the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC) Advisory Council, she is highly knowledgeable and experienced in the field of home health care. Salerno has a great deal of insight into the policies, regulations, and best practices within the industry. As an advocate for home health care, she is committed to providing exemplary service to her patients and their families, and is dedicated to making sure that their interests and needs are served. With her expertise, she ensures that the highest quality of care is provided to all of her clients.
Salerno has a long history of working to improve home care by improving her profession. She was the chairman of the board of directors for the California Association for Health Services at Home (CAHSAH) and has provided leadership for legislation to provide regulatory oversight for home care aides, similar to that already required for nurses. In 2006, Salerno was honored with CAHSAH’s highest honor, the Lois Lillick Award, for her outstanding contributions in the development of local, state and federal home care associations.
She is an eight-time recipient of CAHSAH’s Grassroots Advocate of the year Award, for her legislative work in improving home care.
“My work through CAHSAH has ignited a passion for legislative advocacy to protect this industry and the elders we serve,” she says. “We must all find a way to give back to the community. This is my way.”
Our office staff have many decades of experience which adds to the expertise in which we select our caregivers, staff our cases, schedule our shifts and give personal customer service to our clients.