Duties of Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Administer medications via most routes. This includes pre-pouring medications.
- Administer all IV medications and fluids. May also calculate and adjust IV flow charts
- Use infusion pumps
- Perform initial patient care plans
- Perform initial or ongoing periodic patient assessments
- Catheterize a patient
- Administer tube feedings
- Perform stoma care
- Perform glucometer tests
- May apply heat and cold
- Suction and care for tracheostomy tube
- Change sterile dressings
- Perform bowel/bladder irrigation
- Perform other diagnostic and therapeutic nursing procedures
- Initiate and maintain written care plans for individual patients
- Educate and instruct patients, patients’ families and staff
- Perform some personal care and household duties, as necessary.
At La Jolla Nurses Homecare, we provide quality homecare nursing services with a comprehensive list of capabilities ranging from medication administration to patient care and education. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest quality of care and have won multiple awards for excellence from the La Jolla Light Reader’s Poll, La Jolla Village News and San Diego Union Tribune. Our experienced and professional staff are on-hand to answer any questions or concerns you may have, so don’t hesitate to reach out. Let us work together to provide you with the best homecare nursing experience available.