In Home Care can take many forms. One aspect that many are happily surprised to discover is home care is quite customizable. This is not a one-size-fits-all service! Senior men and women of all abilities and needs can receive the care they require, on a schedule that works for them. Listed here are some examples of typical patient scenarios that we see. Your scenario may be similar, or entirely different. Whatever it is, you can trust in our earnest desire to meet your needs. Please review the examples as an introduction to our in home senior care services. Let us know about the challenges you face or special needs that our nurses can help you with. With nearly 40 years of experience in the at home nursing care field, we offer the expertise you’re looking for.
- 24 Hour Homecare– If a you or your loved one needs care and supervision at all times, we will compile a schedule that works with your needs and wants. This will usually take the form of two 12 hour shifts or perhaps three 8 hours shifts. There are pros and cons to each which we’ll be happy to discuss with you so you can make the right decision for your family.
- Select Hours– Sometimes family can cover certain times of the day but may need help for other times. A typical scenario is a wife who is able to meet her husband’s needs during the daytime hours but must get some uninterrupted sleep herself to avoid the all too common family caregiver burnout phenomenon. She might have our staff come in for a shift only at night so she has the down time she needs to be her best for her husband during the day.
- Visits– If you have a particular need that comprises an hour or less of a caregiver’s or nurse’s time, then a visit may be appropriate. It could be for a bath or a simple injection or a pre-pour of medications. We’ll be happy to discuss with you when this service line is appropriate.
- Travel Care– If you have obligations or just a wish to travel in other cities within the US or in other countries, we have staff who can assist with your needs in a discreet manner while you enjoy your travels. Trust in our vast experience in selecting the appropriate staff to make your trip a success. We have sent staff with their patients to many countries of the world.
- Surgery After Care– If you are scheduled for an upcoming surgery and feel you may need help afterward we are here to help. Just provide us with the information of your scheduled surgery and we’ll do the rest; discussing your potential needs with you, your family and your physician to determine just the right plan for your recuperation. Most patients find they just need our assistance for a short period of time while they get back on their feet.
- Respite Care– Respite Care is a short term relief program that gives family caregivers a needed break. Respite care may range from a few hours to a few weeks. A typical scenario is a spouse who needs a few hours a week outside the home or a few days away for business travel. It offers the spouse a peace of mind, knowing their loved one is well cared for in their absence.
- Hospital Bedside Care– Being hospitalized can be a scary event, especially for our loved ones who may need a higher level of reassurance. Do you feel uneasy leaving your loved one alone at night when you go home to get some sleep? We can give you the confidence to go home to reenergize knowing your loved one is in our capable hands.
- Other Facility Care- Sometimes patients need some assistance beyond what their elder care facility is able to provide. We can supplement the dedicated facility care to achieve just the right balance to allow you or your loved one to continue living in their familiar surroundings.
- Newborn Nanny Care– Becoming a new parent is a joyful event that can also be somewhat exhausting. We’re here to help with care designed to assist and reassure new parents as they bring their new bundle of joy home. This can be arranged for a few days or as an ongoing service.
These are just a sampling of the many scenarios that arise in home care. Call us today and let us troubleshoot your particular situation in the way only our experienced staff can provide.